GROUND • BREAKING • NEWS
On June 18, 2016, Loucks will celebrate its 40th anniversary! Forty years of developing remarkable project sites. Forty years of inspiring you to make the best use of your land. Forty years of doing the ground work that makes your project more remarkable.
In the coming months, we look forward to occasionally sharing details with you in this format about current and past projects, places, and people that have helped us reach this important milestone. Thank you for forty amazing years!
IN THIS ISSUE
PROJECTS Quick facts: MN United FC Stadium, HCMC, & Andover City Campus
PLACES Loucks on the Move . . . Announcing our New Saint Paul Location
PEOPLE The Award-Winners that Power Your Projects
- Project Partners | Minnesota United FC, Populous, S9Architecture, Tegra Group, Mortenson Construction, and the City of Saint Paul
- Loucks Services | civil engineering and land surveying
- Goal is to build a stadium and create a civic space that enhances the game day experience and adds vitality to the village
- Centrally located at Snelling-Midway site on the Green Line
- Site redevelopment opportunities include: office, retail, residential, open space, hotel, fitness, and entertainment
- Stadium designed to seat nearly 20,000
|Nick Mannel | 763.496.6757 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Paul McGinley | 763.496.6759 | email@example.com
Jeff Shopek | 763.496.6715 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Project Partners | BWBR, Mortenson Construction, Dunham, and Hennepin County
- Loucks Services | master planning, civil engineering, landscape architecture, and helipad relocation survey
- Largest expansion in HCMC’s history
- Reorganizes nearly two million square feet of space and consolidates over 40 primary and specialty clinics currently spread across nine buildings
- Site design provides private and public gathering spaces, including an outdoor café patio, private courtyard space, healing garden, and public entry plaza
- New skyway and underground tunnel will provide convenient access between the existing hospital and new expansion facility
- Incorporates a new public pocket park within the historic Elliot Park Neighborhood
|Jon Donovan | 763.496.6724 | email@example.com
Paul Kangas | 763.496.6737 | firstname.lastname@example.org
|Click BWBR video link to preview HCMC AOSC
- Project Partners | HCM Architects and City of Andover
- Loucks provided three master plan concepts, based upon key stakeholder input and feedback, which helped decision makers identify preferred plan
- Relocates proposed Public Works facility to create a central public gathering space
- Creates future expansion options for existing facilities, including a City Hall and Community Center
- Establishes campus access points with improved gateway features
- Defines walking paths and trails for improved safety and connections to surrounding uses
- Locates parking access near related activities to optimize access for all
- Utilizes natural green spaces to provide buffers between the campus and neighborhoods
- Maximizes flexible open space to facilitate a variety of public activities
|Nate Ekhoff | 763.496.6722 | email@example.com
The Minnesota Chapter of the American Society of Landscape Architects recently awarded Loucks Senior Landscape Architect Bill Sanders the 2016 Theodore Wirth Award for Excellence in Parks.
He received the award for his 30-plus years of public service to the Capitol Area Architectural and Planning Board (CAAPB), and for his overall distinguished body of work in park design, which includes the Minnehaha Park renovation plan in Minneapolis.
Bill Sanders is an award-winning landscape architect with more than 50 years of experience in urban, streetscape, parks and recreation, commercial, and residential planning and design.